If you could choose between moving into a new home or building your dream home from scratch, what would you choose? It’s quite a tricky question because both options are appealing, but in my opinion, nothing is more exciting than building a new house from scratch and thus by far a better choice.
Buiding your dream home is a very rewarding and interesting task. You have to consider a lot of things, like your family’s needs, your budget and a lot of other factors, but in the end, the result will live up to its expectations.
Why do I think that building a new home is better than moving into an already built house? Well, there are so many answers to this question and that’s why I decided to make a small list of all the reasons why I think building your dream home is a better choice. Enjoy!
- Completely customizable – Since it’s your home, you design it after your own personal taste and of course after the needs of your family. This will not only make it special, but it will also be one of a kind. Let’s face it, there’s no better feeling than looking at your home and knowing that you created it!
- Solid investment – Owning a property has proven to be one of the most dependable investments in today’s economy. The fact that you’re building that property from scratch, after the latest standards and with the best materials, will only add value to it. So, if you were to sell it, you would not lose the money you invested in it, but also earn a little extra. In order to protect your dream home, you should look into a latent defects insurance policy. As I say, better to be on the safe side than playing with fire, especially when we are talking about such a serious matter.
- A newly built home has more benefits – The homes that are built today are far more spacious than the homes that were built 15 years ago. This means that you can actually have the large kitchen that you were dreaming of or a large storing space, everything is possible. Add to that new energy efficiencies, and upgraded safety features and you’ve got yourself your dream home!
- You don’t need to renovate – A home you buy might require renovations to fit your lifestyle, and could need some work before it’s livable. Additionally, you’ll have to consider the cost of redecorating, as the previous owner’s tastes are probably not the same as yours. An older home will also require much more upkeep than a newer one. When building a home, you make all the decisions, so by the time it’s completed, your house will be exactly what you wanted.
- Sentimental value -The ability to build the home of your dreams from the scratch is the major benefit of new custom home construction. From everything down from the wiring to the materials used in the construction of the home have all been incorporated for a reason – the emotional value of having a custom built home is insurmountable.
These are just a few of the reasons why I think that building your dream home is better than buying an already built house. Of course, before you start such a big project, you need to plan and plan some more, because nothing can be left out. You also need to have your budget solved and to be prepared for everything because usually, delays due to weather conditions or other causes might appear, so it’s better to know this up front.
You need to take your time and look for the right contractor for this job. We are talking about your dream home and it’s a huge investment, so make sure you hire the right people for the job.
If you have all these things sorted out then you just have to sit back and watch your dream come to life. Remember, it’s your dream, your location, your choices and in the end, your dream home!