Summer is not too far away and you’re probably wondering what the essentials are to have in your wardrobe this year. Trends come and go, and there’s always a different look you might want to achieve. Before the weather starts warming up, rather than investing in a whole new summer wardrobe, you can breathe some life into the clothes you’ve already got with some carefully chosen accessories. Help throw off the drab days of winter and get ready for the summer sun with these must-have accessories for the summer.
- Light Summer Scarf – if you want to add a pop of colour, choose a brightly coloured summer scarf. Choose a plain colour if you want something to wear with your summery patterned dresses or pick a colourful patterned one to dress up jeans and a t-shirt. You don’t have to just wear it around your neck either as it can be worn as a sarong if you need some additional cover at the beach.
- Floppy Summer Hat – this year big and floppy is the way to go if you want to wear a sun hat. Pick the right one, and it can be worn on the beach or even to an outdoor wedding. For the optimum sun protection choose one with a wide brim. The traditional favourite of a straw hat is never going to go out of fashion so make sure you’ve got one in your wardrobe.
- Crossbody or Belt Bag – if you feel the need to carry a bag this summer it’s got to be either a belt bag or a crossbody bag. The days of oversized bags are gone and small is now all the rage. They come in a range of different styles and colours, with varying prices to match.
- Cool and Trendy Sunglasses – protect your eyes from the summer rays with a cool and trendy pair of sunglasses for women. Choose from a vast array of styles, shapes and sizes. Why not have more than one pair to match a variety of outfits and to suit your particular mood?
- Coin Necklaces – these are a relatively new trend but are actually quite fun. Usually they’re gold, but there are silver styles to be found if you prefer. They can be used on their own or layered with other pieces for a more quirky look. There are necklaces that feature real coins, but they tend to be replicas or inspired by actual coins.
- Hoop Earrings – these have made a comeback, and if you’re lucky, you might still have a pair lurking from your younger days. There’s far more variety nowadays, however. Rather than just gold or silver hoops, you’ll find them with charms attached as well as much larger and thicker hoops made from different materials such as resin.
- Espadrilles – this favourite summer staple is back again this year, but more popular for 2019 is going to be the wedge style. Far more good-looking than a pair of flip-flops, they can be worn for a variety of occasions, and never look out of place.